Tuesday, June 24, 2008

LORDY LORDY I AM 40!

Happy Birthday to me! What a wonderful birthday I had. Most people dread their 40th birthday but mine was a great day. I woke up to my first birthday wish, from the Rake! Thanks Rake. I can always count on you to read our blogs. Then my husband started with the birthday kisses. I think I got about 4,440 beofre the day ended. Then the phone calls started and the e-cards started coming one from my parents and Steven. Even their dog has learned to use the computer because she sent me one with a lot of woofing in it. Soon the twins came out singing Happy Birthday and asking where's breakfast.

Then off to get my b-day present (or at least what I am calling my b-day present), a new minivan for the family. Our trustworthy Barney (the old purple van) has finally given out on us and we had to find a new one, or a great used one at least (it's new to us). Barney could have waited a few more months but nooooooooooooo. Wrong time, but got a great deal. We haven't named the new van yet. We still gotta get two more kids' thoughts. Maybe the Rake has some leftover names he didn't use on his new truck. Thanks to Todd at Carmax for making the process so easy.

Then we were off to dinner at this wonderful new Dinner Theater we found. I was totally amazed at this theater. Before dinner there was a pre show of fashion design. What an amazing look into fashion and some beautiful models. Then onto a tasty dinner where the birthday girl got served like a Queen. There was grilled chicken, potatoes, corn, fresh baked rolls from the oven, then only to follow with a scrumptious cake from the finest bakery in town with ice cream hand dipped by a friendly staff member. Then the after dinner show began. It consisted of singing, dancing, and live guitar and piano playing, with percussionists that were unreal with their talent. There were drawings from local artists that were so precious, I had to take one home. I would recommend the Billizmiajackson Theater to anyone looking for a good evening out. There's some showstopping entertainment in Tucker Georgia. For more information on the Billizmiajackson Theater contact 1-800-Bradys. Thank you to the wonderful staff who made my birthday very special. I love you guys.

Thank you to my wonderful husband who called me older but more beautiful. I love you with all my heart. You are my rock and my love! Thanks for the new/used van. How are you going to top this birthday gift next year??????????????

Thank you everyone for making my 40th birthday so special.

Here are some pictures of our new previously enjoyed (the Carmax salesman's expression) van:





No comments: