Friday, June 20, 2008

Life without Steven/Sewing project with girls

BOYS ARE MEAN!!!!! Steven left on Monday to stay with my parents for a week. We haven't had all the kids at home since the last day of school. Jewel stayed first and called me 20 times a day. Jessica went second and called me 2,842 times a day. By the end of Jessica's week I was ready to rip the phone out of the wall. Most of our conversations were like, "Hey mommie I love you! What is Gracie doing? Okay, bye!" So when Steven left I said, "Bye buddy, I love you! I'm going to miss you! Make sure you call me!"

Do you think he has called? Yes, one time to ask if he could stay another week. I feel like I need to call him and say, "Hi. My name is Darlene. I am your mother. I am the one who threw up every day of my pregnancy with you. I am the one who had to have an i.v. the entire 9 months." Why is it so easy for boys to go away from home and not feel the need to call? Yes, I know I am being a baby, but I miss my baby. I am probably going to be the only one who moves into a rest home and brings her children to live there too. But until then I guess I will kept calling him and making sure he know I love the Baby Steven 1,2,3!

Now on to the girls. Sage is with us for the week and it's kinda nice having all the girls together without Steven aggravating them. As promised we made beds yesterday for their animals. So of course with needles, fabric, stickers, and stuffing we began with a mess and ended up with a mess. But we had lots of fun. Sage couldn't believe she could actually sew. She kept saying, "This is fun! I never knew I could sew." I was surprised no one got stuck with a needle. After making pillows, wallpapering the sides of their bins, making blankets, and spelling their names out with stickers the bins are completed. I just peeked in their room when I got up this morning and the bins were next to the beds. Only one animal was in his bin. The rest were being snuggled or squeezed to death.

I love this time of the morning. Kids asleep, windows open and cool breeze coming through, birds chirping, Gracie still sleeping, so quiet except for the occasional kids calling my name from next door. Oh, don't forget the dryer buzzing, saying FOLD ME FOLD ME. So now I have found my calling: laundry.

Until next time!

1 comment:

rakethetable said...

Happy Bithday!