Sunday, June 08, 2008

Everybody Ought To Go To Sunday School

When I was a little girl I remember singing a song about "Everyone ought to go to Sunday School." Well, we didn't quite make it to Sunday School today but we did make it to morning worship service. Since moving here I've kept saying we needed to find a church and we finally started looking. We visited Alpharetta Church of God this morning. What a wonderful greeting we received from the entire congregation. The pastor met us at the door with a friendly welcome. Sam, Steven, Jewel and I were impressed with the feeling of an accepting congregation.

I have been going to church since I was a little girl. I was brought up in a Pentecostal church as a child and gradually moved into the Church of God. I am one of those people who hates to push religion on anyone. I am one who lets my light shine and gives praise and thanks where it is due, because all things are possible through Christ. I want a church where I can worship and have my soul fed. I want my children to grow up knowing who God is and know His wonderful love. I am not ashamed nor bashful to say I love my Heavenly Father.

Needless to say we are very excited about returning next Sunday. My parents will be down for Father's Day and will attend with us. Steven and Jewel gave the approval to visit again. We will get Jessica and Sage's opinion next week. So far, 4 votes yes for Alpharetta Church of God.

No comments: