Monday, July 06, 2009

Hello

Wow! I can't believe it's been four months since I have written on my blog. As many of you know my mama had throat cancer and I was spending a lot of time in Maggie Valley taking care of her. Thank God, she is doing so much better. It was an uphill battle for several months but now I think she is finally reaching the end. She has lost a lot of weight and still isn't eating much. My puppy eats more in an hour than she does all day. Yesterday she drank a Carnation instant breakfast and that was all she had the entire day. Her taste buds are still really burned from the radiation. The doctor said they will never be the same but she should feel better in a few months. Thank you to all who sent up prayers, special thoughts, e-mails, phone calls--we really appreciate all of your support.

Summer is here and we are having a blast! Steven, Jewel, and Jessica spent a week at church camp in Commerece, Georgia. What a blast they had. There was a lake, pool, horses, slip 'n slide, gym, and evening services every day with a Christian Rock Band called Julian Drive. Of course Steven loved the band, being the drummer he is.

One night while the kids were gone, Sam and I were at Taco Bell when I got a text message from my friend and camp leader Lynn. She said Steven was in the altar raising his hands and crying out to God. Right there in Taco Bell, burrito in hand, the tears started flowing and I was thanking God that my 14 year old son was in an altar calling on God for guidance and strength. I know that there will be a lot of battles Steven will go through in his life and he may stray away from God, but what thrills me is to know that the seed has been planted. God's love will never leave you no matter how hard you try to ignore it. God's love grows in our lives daily. I am just thankful that we are able to bring our children up to know God. I am not one of those people who try to shove God down your throat. I will stand and tell the world I LOVE MY SAVIOUR!! I will share my testimony to anyone who is willing to listen. But as Joshua 24:15 says, "as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." I can't make my kids serve God but I can pray, plant the seed, and make my home a God fearing home.

Now we are in Maggie Valley. I bet you guys get tired of hearing about Maggie Valley, but if you ever come here you will know why we visit all the time (my parents are here). My Pop is having a small surgery tomorrow for his pacemaker--hopefully just changing the batteries and he can come home the same day. But if it's the leads then he will spend the night. So if you will, say a prayer for us; we would appreciate it. We are also here to do a little work this time. We are staining my parents' deck and their neighbors' deck. It's not a bad job. The kids help and we have music and little breaks. It's a nice family time. Sam, I am sure, is so upset because he had to go back home and work this week. I know he would have loved to help stain the decks. Not to worry, my sweet loving husband: I am sure the honey-do list I left you at home will keep you busy till I get back. I know I am the most thoughtful wife in the whole world.

Back home next week to get ready for our third week with Sage for the summer. It's nice when we get Sage for a week at a time. We try to cram a lot into her two day visit every other weekend. When you get her for a week it's nice just to spend time with her doing normal things like watching a movie together, or playing games, or just watching her play with the other kids outside. But I have to keep reminding myself that she is only 8, the twins are 11 and Steven 14 so they can fix their own breakfast and lunch or get something to drink without my help. Sage is 8 and needs a little help. One morning she stayed in the bedroom watching cartoons and about 11:00 she came out and I said, "did you have breakfast" and she was like, "ummmmm NO." I felt terrible cause everyone else did their own thing for breakfast and here she was watching tv and playing. So now Jewel is her breakfast buddy and Jessica is her lunch buddy and of course at dinnertime we are all buddies. But as a buddy every time you get something you must ask Sage if she wants something. HMMMMM that might not be a good idea though...Jewel thinks an ice pop is a breakfast item.

Hope everyone is doing well.....Rake, we miss your updates. Are you playing on Facebook now?

Till next time...
GOD IS LOVE

1 comment:

jessie said...

that was verey nice mama