Thursday, November 29, 2007

FINALLY A FREE WEEKEND!

For the last 20 months our weekends have been spilt between Sage and my parents. See, before I moved here I lived with my parents for six years. It totally worked for us. I was a single mom of three and needed help taking care of the kids while I worked crazy hours. It also helped that my parents are my best friends. I know it sounds unimaginable but it’s very true. We all loved living together in a big house and working together to raise what my mom and I like to refer to as “OUR KIDS”. So when we moved to Georgia it was very difficult getting used to not seeing them every day so we made a pact…to help the kids get used to being away from their grandparents, we promised them that on weekends we don’t have Sage we would go to Maggie Valley. I told my mom it was like her having visitation of us. We have been very faithful about going every two weeks, I feel after all they did for us while I was a single mom, I owe my parents, my kids and myself, to visit them every other weekend. Now Sam and I have fallen in love with their place up there. We all look forward to our visits.  It’s almost like a mini-vacation

Back to the free weekend. My parents spent Thanksgiving with us and stayed through the week. I told the kids we were going to stay home this weekend since Grandma and Pop just left last Sunday.  Of course they yelled we don’t have Sage, we always go when we don’t have her. I said yeah but won’t it be nice to stay home sleep in on Saturday and just have a lazy weekend. So now they are thinking of a million things we could do, places we could go. I’m pretty sure the FREE WEEKEND is gone!  I am sure my husband has plans for the both of us after the kids are asleep. Then the laundry will be sitting there screaming WASH ME! The floors could use a shampoo. The hall closet needs to be cleaned since my husband threw all the empty Christmas boxes in there after we decorated. Then I need to write out Christmas cards, wrap presents, and put the garland and lights around the balcony. Of course, the kids will want to have three meals plus a snack. Mama/Wife’s work is never done. It’s a 24/7 job. I paid my dues for six years as a single mom. I give all single moms the praise! I am very lucky to have found a wonderful man like Sam. He’s can wash laundry, cook, vacuum, sweep, mop, clean bathrooms, fix computers, do homework, make beds, be my best friend, lover, provider, strength. Now only if I can get him to do windows?

Goodbye free weekend!. Hello to what makes my world go around, makes my life complete, and makes me happy inside and out: my beautiful kids and wonderful husband. I will take that any day over a free weekend!!

1 comment:

rakethetable said...

Awesome!

Weekends are never free.

not when you have kids.


Enjoy!